Giving the gift of your time: How to volunteer in Woodbury this holiday season
If your organization has a volunteer opportunity you think should be added to this list, send an email to Hannah Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Animal Humane Society — Woodbury
From Zach Nugent, media producer:
“Animal Humane Society relies on the kindness of volunteers, not just during the holiday season but all year long. Each year we have about 2,000 people volunteer among our four shelters, including Woodbury. All of our volunteer opportunities are listed online at animalhumanesociety.org/volunteer.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old, and opportunities range from dog walkers to adoption support volunteers to even in-home foster volunteers. We have volunteer opportunities available on a rolling basis throughout the year.”
Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf
From Greig Metzger, executive director:
"At the moment, we don't have a specific event, though we are always looking for folks to join our volunteer team. We are in need of volunteers on Thursday evenings. If folks are interested, they should go to www.ccefs.org/volunteer to register."
Merrill Community Arts Center
Volunteers are needed for the Merrill's Holiday Festival happening through January. The events require volunteer ushers, concessions workers and box office help.
• "The Christmas Carol Sing-a-Long with EMSO," Dec. 15: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054aa9ab2ea2f49-singalong
• "The Santaland Diaries," Dec. 21 and 22: www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054aa9ab2ea2f49-santaland1
• 24 Hour Musical Fundraiser on Dec. 28-29: No signup yet, but volunteers are needed to help serve meals to performers and prep for the show.
Woodbury Community Foundation and Woodbury Thrives
From Jodi Ritacca, board vice chair:
Woodbury Senior Living
• Volunteers are needed to help gather residents for the St. Ambrose Drama Ministry's "The Road to Bethlehem" production 9:15-11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 15 at St. Ambrose.
• Volunteers are needed to help gather residents for the East Ridge High School Chamber Choir concert 6:15-8:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20 at Woodbury Senior Living.
• Volunteers are needed to help gather residents for the Christmas Eve service, 8:30-10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 24.
If interested, contact Kathy Dunleavy at 651-287-6544.
YMCA of Woodbury
From Stacy LeMay, family engagement program director:
"We don't have any specific need for volunteers in December. It's always nice to have extra hands and smiling faces in January when lots of people are inside working out (including) volunteers interested in working with children or assisting departments in serving our members."
For details, call 651-731-9507.