CITY OF WOODBURY
WASHINGTON COUNTY, MINNESOTA
ORDINANCE NO. 1959
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF WOODBURY, WASHINGTON
COUNTY, MINNESOTA PROVIDING THAT THE CITY CODE BE
AMENDED BY AMENDING CHAPTER 2 - ADMINISTRATION, SECTION 370 - ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION FUNCTIONS
THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF WOODBURY, WASHINGTON COUNTY, MINNESOTA DOES ORDAIN:
SECTION ONE. Amendment that Chapter 2 - Administration, Section 370 - Economic Development Commission Functions be amended to delete the same in its entirety and substitute the following therefore:
Sec. 2-370. - Economic Development Commission Functions.
(a) The economic development commission shall act as a coordinating body and resource agency for economic development matters.
(b) The general purpose of the commission is to study, review and prepare
recommendations for the city council regarding matters of economic develop- ment policy.
(c) In fulfillment of its purposes and duties, the commission shall:
(1) Propose an economic development plan for the city to include long-term strategies for economic development.
(2) Recommend economic development policies and programs to the city council.
(3) Work with the city council, and staff in promoting the city and attracting economic growth and development and retaining businesses in the com- munity.
(4) Make an annual report to the city council regarding achievements to- wards fulfillment of such programs.
(5) Develop and recommend methods to stimulate positive interest in eco- nomic growth and development.
(6) Evaluate and make recommendations on city financing of economic
development activities. This would include tax increment financing, loans, grants or other incentives which may be used. It may also include review of city financing of public projects, as requested by the city council.
SECTION TWO. Effective date.
This Ordinance shall become effective March 1, 2019 and upon publication
according to law.
Passed and adopted by the City Council of Woodbury, Washington County,
Minnesota, this 27th day of February, 2019.
Anne W. Burt, Mayor
Clinton P. Gridley, City Administrator