Weather Forecast


Dissolution of Marriage: Gary and Carol Hoffman

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 6:09pm

TO: Carol Ann Kulesa a/k/a Kat Hoffman, Defendent
RE: Court Action in Superior Court of New Jersey Chancery Division-Family Part- Sussex County
Gary A. Hoffman, Jr. v. Carol Ann Kulesa a/k/a Kat Hoffman Docket No.: FM-19-53-19

From the State of New Jersey to the Defendent named above:
The Plaintiff, Gary A. Hoffman Jr. has filed a lawsuit against you in the Superior Court of New Jersey. The complaint requests dissolution of the marriage between the parties, equitable distribution of all property which was legally and beneficially acquired during the marriage and the payment of the Plaintiff's counsel fees. If you dispute this Complaint, you or your attorney must file a written Appearance in accordance with R. 5:4-3(a) or an Answer and proof of service with the Deputy Clerk of the Superior Court in the County listed above on or before April 24, 2109. The address of the Deputy Clerk of the Superior Court for Sussex County is as follows: Sussex County Judicial Complex, 43-47 High Street, Newton, New Jersey 07860.
A filing fee of $175 payable to the Treasurer, State of New Jersey and a completed Confidential Litigant Information Sheet (available from the deputy clerk of the Superior Court) and an Affidavit of Insurance must accompany your appearance or answer when it is filed. You must also send a copy of your appearance or answer to Plaintiff's attorney, Catherine Anne Gacquin, Esq. at the law firm of Hollander, Strelzik, Pasculli, Hinkes, Wojcik, Gacquin, Vandenberg & Hontz, LLC. PO Box 99, Newton, NJ 07860 and file proof of service with the Court.
A telephone call will not protect your rights; you must file and serve a written Answer or appearance (with fee and completed Confidential Litigant Information Sheet and an Affidavit of Insurance) if you want the Court to hear your defense.
If you do not file and serve a written Appearance or Answer together with a Confidential Litigant Information Sheet, an Affidavit of Insurance and proof of service by April 24, 2019, the Court may enter a Judgment against you for the relief Plaintiff demands, plus interest and costs of suit. If Judgment is entered against you, the Sheriff may seize your money, wages or property to pay all or part of the Judgment.
If you cannot afford an attorney, you may call the Legal Services office at (973) 383-7400. If you do not have an attorney and are not eligible for free legal assistance, you may obtain a referral to an attorney by calling the Lawyer Referral Service at (973) 267-5882.

/s/ Michelle M. Smith
Michelle M. Smith, Clerk