LETTER: Woodbury Community Foundation donations go to causes and organizations that make a difference
The Woodbury Community Foundation is proud to be part of Giving Tuesday, Dec. 1, a global celebration of generosity. Your gift will go to support the impactful work the Foundation does to connect those in need to the resources in Woodbury that can best serve the community’s residents.
The Woodbury Community Foundation is a charitable foundation that assures our city is a premier and caring place to live and work for all. We inspire collaboration by connecting individuals and businesses with causes and organizations that make a difference in Woodbury. We:
- raise money, recruit volunteers, develop future leaders and involve current leaders in addressing community needs through our work with more than 30 business and dozens of service organizations;
- partner with local organizations to develop and launch innovative ways to enable those in our community experiencing challenges the opportunity to improve their lives by benefitting from the work the Foundation does with nonprofit agencies and organizations in Woodbury;
- and raise, hold and distribute funds for community reinvestment through our work with individual donors, businesses and nonprofits to establish long-term field-of-interest and endowed funds to provide legacy resources throughout the community for decades to come.
Whether it is:
- our acclaimed Citizens Academy, which has trained more than 120 residents to be more civically engaged;
- our Leadership Forum which has connected more than 40 business and corporations and more than 70 business leaders to the needs of our community;
- our work over the years in supporting Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf (CCEFS), including our support of the recent Feed My Starving Children Event which provided more than 4 million meals and kept close to $60,000 locally for Woodbury’s needs;
- our work originating the Woodbury Youth Resource Connection, a consortium of more than 17 youth-related organizations;
- our Business Education Partnership with the Woodbury Area Chamber of Commerce and the South Washington County Schools;
- our newly created Youth Leadership Development Program for 11th and 12th graders;
- our work with Woodbury Public Safety to help provide K-9 training, development, equipment and new K-9 officers;
- or our work in inspiring entrepreneurial and innovative partnerships among community organizations to be responsive to the demonstrated needs of Woodbury;
Your Foundation is making an impact every day!
A gift of $25, $50, $100, or more ensures that the impact work the Foundation is doing in Woodbury will be successful and more impactful in 2016. As we began our 31-day march to the end of the year, the Board and staff of the Foundation would ask you to consider making a fully tax-deductible, year-end contribution and join millions of people around the country and the globe.
We are Woodbury’s Community Foundation. We belong to everyone in Woodbury.
Editor’s note: Jack Lanners is the Woodbury Community Foundation Chairman, and Jeffrey Prottas serves as Executive Director.