Police report: Pursuing assault charges for black eye, making out at LifeTime, braking for geese
Note: This is a sample of recent incidents involving the Woodbury police. All subjects are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• At 2:31 p.m. April 27, police were notified of a possible road rage incident on Bailey Road. A rusty pickup was the alleged culprit, following a red Ford Expedition.
• After an accident involving three cars and a tree, one car drove off the upper parking lot by the Woodbury License Center, down to the lower lot. There were no injuries. The Minnesota State Patrol wrote the accident report for the 9:55 a.m. April 28 incident.
• A mother called Woodbury Public Safety to pursue assault charges against an eighth grader who gave her son a black eye. Police responded to the 10:43 a.m. April 28 call, but couldn't get a hold of school administration to discuss the incident, which occurred April 27.
• A 20-year-old Woodbury man was cited for inattentive driving after causing another person back stiffness in an accident at 11:23 a.m. April 28 near the intersection of Valley Creek Road and Valley Creek Plaza. The driver of a Ford Explorer was not paying attention and could not stop for a red light without hitting the Honda Civic in front of him.
• At 10:38 a.m. April 29, a complainant reported a couple making out in a Ford F-150 in the parking lot of LifeTime Fitness. The female looked very young compared to the male. The woman was on top of the man, but this wasn't a case of indecent exposure. After talking to an officer, the 29-year-old Verona, Wis., woman and 59-year-old Hampton, Minn., man understood people's concerns and decided to move along.
• A Lake Elmo man and St. Paul woman were caught with marijuana at 1:47 p.m. April 30 in the 1800 block of Tower Drive. They were allegedly in possession of marijuana, grinders and a pipe.
• At 9:05 a.m. May 2, near the intersection of Edgewater and Woodbury drives, Cottage Grove woman in a Dodge Caravan rear ended a Woodbury woman's Chevy Suburban. The Woodbury woman, among other drivers, had braked for a family of geese crossing the road. The Cottage Grove woman swerved to the right, trying to avoid an accident but also striking the rear passenger side of the Suburban. There were no injuries, the Minnesota State Patrol wrote the report, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
• Three or four cars were involved in an accident near the intersection of interstates 94, 494 and 694. The Minnesota State Patrol was notified of the accident with unknown injuries.
• Drug activity was reported at 7:52 p.m. May 3, in the 1100 block of Hillcrest Drive. A complainant said the neighbors tend to have parties of 20 to 30 people, and marijuana smell comes from the rental property.