Holiday season fun abounds in Woodbury
HOLIDAY SEASON EVENTS IN WOODBURY AREA
Holiday concerts at Central Park
- New Life Jazz Band, 7 p.m. Thursday Dec. 10
- Sounds of South Washington County school choirs, 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 12 (schools participating are Woodbury and Lake middle schools Woodbury High School and East Ridge High School)
Holiday Lights in the Park (founded and sponsored by King of Kings Lutheran Church in Woodbury)
A spectacular drive-through holiday light experience
Nov. 23-New Year's Day
Phalen Park in St. Paul
5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
$10 per vehicle (funds go to Second Harvest Heartland and Union Gospel Mission)
For more information go to www.lightsinthepark.org
Holiday fun at Valley Creek Mall
- Visit from Santa Claus, Saturdays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Nov. 27 through Dec. 18. Live reindeer will accompany Santa 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 11
- Caring Tree - pick a start from the tree that has a gift request for a child in need.
For more information on events go to www.valleycreekmall.com
Holiday fun at Woodbury Lakes
- Carriage rides with Santa at Woodbury Lakes
Saturday, Dec. 4 and Sunday, Dec. 5
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Woodbury Lakes Shopping Center; 9020 Hudson Road
Event is located near Coldwater Creek
- Santa Claus Visits Woodbury Lakes
Friday, Nov. 26 and Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 19 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Thursday, Dec. 23 2 p.m.-8 p.m.
For more information go to www.woodburylakes.com
South Washington County Community Education holiday programs
- Holiday Party for Senior Center Members, Dec. 15 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Christmas Cookie Cut-Outs class, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 15 at East Ridge High School
- Bake and Take Christmas Cookies class 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, Dec. 6 at East Ridge High School
For more information on other upcoming Community Ed. holiday programs and to register go to www.cecool.com or call (651) 458-6600
Woodbury Community Theater Holiday Musical
- Amahl and the Night Visitors
Amahl and the Night Visitors is a holiday musical by Gian Carlo Menotti will be performed by Woodbury Community Theatre with the East Metro Symphony Orchestra (EMSO). The tender, heartwarming story of Amahl and the Night Visitors, is one of the most popular of American operas. It was written specifically for children who can easily relate to a child with a head full of dreams. It remains an inspiring story of how faith, charity, unselfish love and good deeds can work miracles.
Peformance dates: Saturday, Dec. 4, and Friday and Saturday, Dec.10th and 11, at 7:30 p.m. Matinee performance on Sunday, Dec. 5 at 2 p.m. All performances are on The Loft Stage at East Ridge High School.
For ticket information go to www.woodburycommunitytheatre.org or call (651)-730-4627
Afton Village Holiday, Dec. 3-5 (sponsored by the Afton Area Business Association)
Friday Dec. 3 - Candlelight Night
5 p.m. Afton "Lights Up" with torches, lanterns and holiday lights
5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Festive shopping with discounts, holiday
treats and beverages at retail shops and businesses.
Saturday, Dec. 4 - Family Day
9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Breakfast with Santa at the Catfish Café
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Santa is in town!
12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Strolling Carolers
6:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Festive Open Skating at St. Mary's Point Arena
Sunday, Dec. 5 - River Valley Day
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Help decorate the Afton "mitten tree" with warm winter coats and accessories for Valley Outreach
11 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Kids pick up stocking at an Afton retailers and visit Afton shops and restaurants to collect free toys
12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Strolling Christmas Carolers
5:30 p.m. Memorial Lutheran Church of Afton - Advent Vespers Service followed by an old-fashioned smorgasbord.
For more information go to www.aftonmnarea.com