Sam's Club in Woodbury undergoing major renovations
The Woodbury Sam's Club has kicked off a major renovation to its 15-year-old store located near Hudson Road and Woodbury Drive.
The wholesaler will remain open during the construction period, which will wrap up before the holiday season.
The company said the project will have little disruption to customers. A similar renovation also began at the White Bear Lake store, according to a news release.
New features to the stores include:
• A new meat area with a wider section, as well as a seafood section that includes fresh-rolled sushi and fish delivered from boat to store within 48 hours.
• An upgraded café area with charging stations, made-to-order sandwiches, coffee and self-order kiosks
• A new optical center and a private health services room for immunizations and health screenings
• Walk-in coolers for produce and dairy items
• Curbside Pickup service equipped with a drive-thru pickup lanes and mobile check-in
The Sam's Club in Woodbury opened in 2002.
The warehouse retailer's closest competitor, Costco, plans to open its Woodbury location this summer.