The following information has been received from university or family sources.
- Colby Gergen of Woodbury was named to the Dean's List for the fall 2009 semester in the School of Journalism at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Mo. He is majoring in strategic communication and sociology.
- Iowa State University, Ames has announced the names of students graduated at winter commencement ceremonies. Students from Woodbury included: Daniel John Backman, graduated cum laude with a bachelor of arts degree in sociology; Heidi Marie Geisenhoff, graduated with a master of science degree in food science and human nutrition; Mary Lynn Rasmussen, graduated with a PHD civil, construction and environmental engineering.
Of the 1,560 degrees awarded, 199 receiving bachelors degees graduated "With Distinction" (cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude).
- Karen West of Afton; and Geoffrey Alexander, Andrea Gullixson, Laura Harelstad, Emily Klatt, Ryan Lee, Ethan Marxhausen, Claire Melendez, Emily Schultz, Erin Simon, Emma Strand, Sarah Strand and Kelsey Swanson, all of Woodbury, were named to the Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter 2009 fall semester Dean's List. The list comprises students who have earned a 3.7 grade point average or higher based on a four-point scale.
- The University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point awarded degrees to the following students from Woodbury at winter commencement ceremonies.
Ryan J. Graboski graduated with a bachelor of science degree in mathematics. Christopher D. Green graduated with a bachelor of science degree in business administration.
- The following Woodbury students were named to the fall 2009 Dean's List at Northwestern College in St. Paul. The list includes full-time students with a grade point average during the semester of 3.65 (out of 4.0) or higher.
Lauren A. Bernhagen, pursuing a degree in psychology; Kevin W. Christopher, pursuing a degree in music performance; Katherine A. Moore, pursuing a degree in elementary education; Lindsey A Schubbe, pursuing a degree in psychology; Chris S. Vang, pursuing a degree in Biblical studies; Leigh Windorski, pursuing a degree in psychology.
- Andy Walfoort of Woodbury was named to the Dean's List at the University of Wisconsin, River Falls for the fall semester 2009 - 10 for having achieved a grade point average of 3.8. Walfoort is pursuing a degree in business administration.
- Catherine James of Woodbury has been named to the Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, Ind. Dean's List for the fall 2009 semester. A student must achieve a grade point average of at least 3.4 on a 4.0 scale to earn the honor.
- North Dakota State University, Fargo has announced the names of students awarded Dean's List honors for the fall 2009 term for having earned a 3.50 grade point average or higher.
Among those students is Afton resident Jeanna M. Sommers; and Woodbury residents: Nicholas S. Anderson, Elizabeth A. Dentinger, Madeline A. Kelzenberg, Kelsey A. Kolars, Kevin D. Mackey, Nicholas R. Moore and Matthew J. Peick.
- Michigan Technological University, Houghton has released the Dean's List for the fall 2009 semester, recognizing students who achieve grade point averages of 3.5 or higher. Those earning straight A averages of 4.0 are indicated by asterisks.
Among the honorees are the following students from Afton and Woodbury: Luke A Johnston, Clarence C. King, Jacob P. Longhini, Leslie M. Sabbann, Taylor C. Stippel (*), Nicole M. Westphal (*), Paul A Zimmerman.