Weather Forecast


House fire causes 'extensive damage'

A house at 9369 Wedgewood Drive sustained extensive damage after a fire Saturday evening.1 / 2
The Saturday house fire at 9369 Wedgewood Drive, viewed from a bike path behind the house. Photo submitted by Joe Olevson.2 / 2

A blaze Saturday evening left a Wedgewood home with extensive fire and smoke damage, a Woodbury fire official said.

The Woodbury Fire Department got a call at 5:07 p.m. When crews arrived at 9369 Wedgewood Drive, the entire back of the house was in flames. Maplewood and Oakdale firefighters were called to assist.

"It was a big fire," said John Wallgren, Woodbury fire commander. "You could see billowing black smoke miles away."

The fire moved through the house and into the attic. The roof also was damaged.

Nobody was injured in the blaze. Homeowner Neil Scott was not home at the time of the fire and is living with family in the area, Wallgren said.

Fire officials suspect the blaze started with a space heater in a four-season porch, but are still investigating.

"There's going to be extensive damage to it," Wallgren said.

Check back for more information.