Candidate's Viewpoint: Leadership has brought results to WoodburyIt is an honor and a privilege to represent Washington County, and specifically, the northwest portion of Woodbury – precincts one, two, and seven.
By: Bill Pulkrabek, Woodbury Bulletin
It is an honor and a privilege to represent Washington County, and specifically, the northwest portion of Woodbury – precincts one, two, and seven.
Some brief information about myself: I grew up in Washington County and have lived here almost my entire life. I am a real estate agent and a small business owner. I am the past president of my local chamber of commerce and the past vice president of Co-Action Academic Resources. I possess a master’s degree from the Humphrey Institute and two BAs from the University of Minnesota in economics and political science. In my free time I enjoy hockey, fishing, tennis, travel, music and reading. I am 42 years old.
I have served as chair of the Washington County Board three times. Some of the noteworthy county successes that have come to fruition since I have been on County Board include:
• The R.H. Stafford Library opened in Woodbury.
• The old library site was converted to a service center where Woodbury citizens may look for jobs, get a driver’s license or a passport, etc.
• The Environmental Center opened in Woodbury.
• A park and ride was initiated for mass transit in Woodbury
• Land and Water Legacy Referendum money was secured to purchase – in close partnership with the city of Woodbury – a major parcel along Manning Avenue which preserves open space, protects water quality and will be the future site of a park with walking trails.
• The building of the Tamarack Bridge, the widening and re-opening of the Valley Creek Bridge and the opening of the Woodbury Lakes frontage road off of I-94.
• Washington County has the lowest county tax rate in the metro area. Meaning, if you moved your home or business to any other county in the metro, you would pay more in county property taxes. Ramsey County is approximately 80 percent higher.
Once again, it would be an honor and a privilege to continue to serve the residents of our great county of Washington and the great city of Woodbury. I can be reached at 651-246-5694 (cell) and www.BillPulkrabek.com. Thank you for your consideration.
Pulkrabek is the incumbent candidate for Washington County Board, District 2