The class of 2025Kinderberry Hill Child Development Center preschoolers celebrated graduation June 7.
By: Amber Kispert-Smith, Woodbury Bulletin
Kinderberry Hill Child Development Center preschoolers took their very first step towards their high school graduations June 7 when the school held its preschool graduation ceremony.
During the ceremony, preschoolers donned their purple caps and gowns and sang a variety of songs for parents.
Kinderberry Hill director Kathy Sjursen said graduation is always a bittersweet moment for her and for the teachers.
“Those of us who have watched the children grow over the years; it’s definitely watching the baby birds leave the nest,” she said. “This is one way to celebrate how far they’ve gone and a way to send them off.”
The Woodbury Bulletin asked several preschoolers what their favorite things about preschool were:
• “Art. You can make different stuff” – Finn
• “I like playing with my friends” – Rodrigo
• “I like learning how to count to 100” – Delaney
• “I learned how to color” – Aidan
• “I liked drawing and playing outside” – Brendan
• “I learned about owls. I like their sounds they make” – Emmri
• “My favorite thing is learning about dinosaurs because the tyrannosaurus rex can eat me” – Jacob
• “I liked outside time, bike day and jammy day” – Sebastian.
The Kinderberry Hill preschoolers had a variety of things they are looking forward to about kindergarten next year including:
• “I’m looking forward to toys” – Delaney
• “I want to learn to jump to the sky” – Felipe
• “There’s a computer with a Wii” – Sebastian
The preschoolers also prove that it’s never too early to start thinking about their futures:
• “When I grow up I’m gonna be a castle guard. You get to fight dragons and stuff” – Finn
• “When I grow up I want to play” – Rodrigo
• “I want to train cats. to do double flips – Delaney
• “I’m going to be an ambulance man. I like the look of ambulances and the sirens” – Aidan
• “I’m going to be a doctor because I want to fix my mommy’s back” – Brendan
• “I’m going to be a monster truck driver. I like how they jump” – Felipe
• “I want to be a turtle trainer. I like when they walk. I’m going to train big huge turtles how to swim” – Zach
• “I want to be a horse trainer. I like how they gallop” – Evie
• “I’m going to train tigers. I like their color. I’m going to train them to follow me” – Emmri
• “I want to be a cooker. I want to make hot dogs, corn dogs and strawberry shortcake” – Jacob
• “I want to be a train engineer. I’ll drive from Wisconsin to Texas” – Daniel
• “I want to be an astronaut. I want to go up to, if there is a Mars, I’ll go up to planet Mars” –Sebastian