Lake Junior High prepares for fallLake Junior High principal Todd Hochman asks families with students who will attend the Woodbury school this fall to note the following events already scheduled for the upcoming school year.
Lake Junior High principal Todd Hochman asks families with students who will attend the Woodbury school this fall to note the following events already scheduled for the upcoming school year.
• Aug. 19: Students new to the district will take Math Placement Testing at 9 a.m. in the school’s cafetorium.
• Aug. 25 – 27 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Student Services Provided/Student schedules will be available, locks may be purchased, lockers checked, PTA is available, lunch accounts payable, building open to tour. Life Touch will be taking school photos from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. A make up day will be scheduled in September.
• The Lunch Account supervisor will be available on Aug. 27, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Sept. 3, from 8:30 a.m. to noon: Sixth Grade WEB Orientation Day. Sixth grade students will do a variety of transition activities with their WEB coordinators and student mentors. Further information will be communicated to sixth grade families in early August. Transportation will be provided by the school district. Contact the transportation office at (651) 768-5303 for transportation questions.
• Sept. 8, First day of school: Seventh and eighth grade transition. Students will do a variety of transition and teaming activities with their House and Encore teachers. Some of these activities include a review of school expectations, practice using locks and lockers, review student schedules, and time to get to know their peers.
• Sept. 17: Open house from 6 to 8 p.m. Information will be communicated at a later date.
Questions may be directed to the school administration or guidance team at Lake Junior High School from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.