New Life Academy celebrates studentsSummer has officially started for the students of New Life Academy who had their last day of school on June 4, and for the seniors it was the last day before they embark on their futures.
By: Amber Kispert-Smith, Woodbury Bulletin
Summer has officially started for the students of New Life Academy who had their last day of school on June 4, and for the seniors it was the last day before they embark on their futures.
What better way to celebrate the end of the year than by celebrating the students who have achieved so much over the year.
This year’s secondary awards ceremony awarded numerous awards to New Life students grades eight through 12.
This year’s award recipients are:
• Nordgren Award: Danielle Cathey (12), Joshua Punam (12), Abigail Philips (7), Joshua Philips (9)
• Valedictorian: Alexandra Joi Zimmermann
• Army Reserve National Scholar Athlete Award: Robert Anderstrom and Jennifer Ramey
• Woodbury Chamber of Commerce Scholarship: David Sabbann
• Tozer Foundation Scholarship: Karl Lindblad and Jennifer Ramey
• Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship: Michael Vo
• Minnesota State High School League Certificate of Recognition: Ryan Furlong
• Athena Award: Jennifer Ramey
• Perfect Attendance: Austin Dorenkamp (10), Lisa Oh (8), Reagan Rice (7)
• Association of Christian Schools International Distinguished Christian High School Student Award: Grade 12; Robbie Anderstrom, Danielle Cathey, Talia Diers, Rebekah Holmquist, Kyle Otto, Mitchell Peterson, Joshua Putnam, Jennifer Ramey, Mathew Robey, Danielle Schmidt, Joshua Sleper, Alison Smith, Jennifer Tongen, Andrew Wallert, Alexandra Zimmerman. Grade 11: Stephen Boatman, Luke Bolduan, Genna Brickson, Mathew Brocker, Elizabeth Brumley, Paul Chang, Hannah Frazier, Ellie Hawkins, ory Kickhoefer, Sarah Kooy, Laura Lancette, Leah Olfelt, Damilolo Osinubi, Kelly Stein, Sarah Stenson, Nathan Tan, Travis Taylor, Linnea Thraen, Talor Winbush, Amy Wolner
• Presidence Award for Academic Excellence: Grade 12; Laura Brown, Talia Diers, Anya Filipiak, Karl Lindblad, Mitchell Peterson, Jennifer Ramey, Mathew Robey, David Savvann, Joshua Sleper, Alison Smith, Yaphet Tedla, Jennifer Tongen, Aubrey Whitman, Alexandra Zimmermann. Grade 8: Michele Burzynski, Cameron Duffy, Kaylee Feiock, Nolan Hrastich, MacKenzie Jensen, Jacob Jones, Kolin Kickhoefer, Noah Kriener, Tessa Lau, Anna Mehus, Peter Middleton, Lisa Oh, Amanda Pastirik, Leah Robinson, Tyler Schad, Michael Schultz, Daniel Svedberg, Margo Thraen
• National Honor Society: Grade 12; Talia Diers, Anya Filipiak, Jennifer Ramey, Mathew Robey, David Sabbann, Dainelle Schmidt, Joshua Sleper, Alison Smith, Naomi Sperry, Jennifer Tongen, Alexandra Zimmermann. Grade 11: Luke Bolduan, Genna Brickson, Mathew Brocker, Logan Camilli, Paul Chang, Sarah Kooy, Leah Olfelt, Kelly Stein, Nathan Tan, Travis Taylor, Linnea Thraen, Amy Wolner
• Student Council Award: Grade 12; Jenny Tongen, Liz Joseph, Dainelle Schmidt, Mathew Robey, Jennifer Ramey. Grade 11: Ellie Hawkins, Laura Lancette, Kelly Stein, Nathan Tan, Matt Brocker. Grade 10: Stephanie Petrich, Cara Lutes, Lauren St. John, Terry Chung, Marc Patnode. Grade 9: Erik Lee, Daniel Sleper, Hannah Tongen, Micah Cathey, Kayla Solstad
• Art Student of the Year: Emily Preston
• Bible Students of the Year: Mathew Robey, James Housworth, Elizabeth Sampson
• Drama Students of the Year: Stephanie Petrich and Anna Mann
• English Students of the Year: Travis Taylor, Courtney Brumm and Emily Corner
• German Nation Honor Society: Jennifer Tongen and Danille Schmidt
• Math Students of the Year: Linnea Thraen, Jonathan Fouk and Zachariah Rogness
• Science Students of the Year: Thu Nguyen, Robbie Anderstrom and Daniel Sleper
• Social Studies Students of the Year: Luke Bolduan, Linnea Thraen and Abigail Phillips
• Spanish Students of the Year: Laura Lancette, Samuel Berg and Thomas Kamp
• Technology Students of the Year: Michael Vo, Amy Wolner and Christopher Gregg