Fighting leukemia with golf, shoppingMelissa Abdouch of St. Paul Park her sister, Kim Peterson, and their entire family are planning five major events in 2009 to raise funds to fight leukemia.
By: Special to the Bulletin, Woodbury Bulletin
Melissa Abdouch, of St. Paul Park, formerly of Cottage Grove, and her sister, Kim Peterson, and their entire family are planning five major events in 2009 to raise funds to fight leukemia — all in memory of their niece Jessica Senvick, who died at 7 of acute lymphocytic leukemia.
• On Saturday, April 18, they are hosting a shopping showcase of local vendors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sheraton Hotel, 676 Bielenberg Drive, in Woodbury. Products and services will include make up, scrapbooks, cookware, photography, a gold swap, nutritional cleansing, massage, jewelry and candles to Home Romance parties and Girl Necessities.
• On Thursday, April 23, there will be a Dining-to-Donate day at Applebee’s Neighborhood Bar and Grill, 8380 East Point Douglas Road, in Cottage Grove. With presentation of a flyer, Applebee’s will donate 20 percent of your bill to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. For a flyer, e-mail Abdouch at LLSBenefit@msn.com.
• The sisters are sponsoring a golf tournament on Saturday, May 30, at Sawmill Golf Club, 11177 McKusick Road N., in Stillwater. The cost for the four-person scramble is $80 per person before April 15 and $100 from April 16 to May 22. Both prices include 18 holes, cart, dinner and prizes. For more details, call Abdouch at (651) 500-4002.
• From May 8 to 11 — with a coupon — 15 percent of your purchase at any Linder’s Greenhouse, garden center and flower mart will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. For a coupon, e-mail Abdouch at LLSBenefit@msn.com.
• The family’s 17th annual garage sale to raise funds for leukemia research is scheduled Friday and Saturday, May 15 and 16, at 8091 Innsdale Avenue, in Cottage Grove.
For more information, e-mail Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.