Students in the NewsThe following information has been received from family or university sources.
The following information has been received from family or university sources.
• Jennifer Marie Brocker, daughter of Michael and Deborah Brocker of Woodbury, has been named to the fall 2008 Dean’s List at Evangel University, Springfield, Mo. During the fall semester, Brocker was a junior with a major in chemistry. Full-time students who have earned a grade point average of 3.6 or higher on a 4.0 scale are eligible to be on the list.
• Brian J. Racine of Woodbury earned President’s List status at Coastal Carolina University, Conway, S.C. for the fall 2008 semester. To qualify for the list, students must earn a 4.0 grade point average and be enrolled full time.
• Laura L. Taylor of Woodbury has been named to the 2008 fall Dean’s List at Upper Iowa University, Fayette. To be honored, the undergraduate must have earned a minimum 3.50 G.P.A. for the semester.
• Nicole Welch of Woodbury has been named to the Dean’s List at Robert Morris College, Chicago, Ill. for the most recent quarter.
• Laura Bjorkman of Woodbury graduated from Minnesota State University, Moorhead at graduation on Dec. 19, 2008. She was awarded bachelor’s of social work degrees in gerontology and social work.
• The following area students have been named to the Bemidji State University fall semester Dean’s List for having earned at least a 3.25 grade point average: Samuel Setnes from Afton; and from Woodbury: Andrea Bauerfeld, Kelly Pointon and Scott Steigauf.
• Jennifer Gosh of Woodbury graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor of science degree in ministries from the Northwestern College, St. Paul, 2008 fall semester FOCUS degree completion program.
• The following Woodbury students have been named to the Dean’s List for the semester at Concordia University, St. Paul: Laurie Carlson, senior; Amber Gehring, senior; Christopher Hulme-Lowe, senior; Kirk Ingram, senior; Nicholas Jarrett, sophomore; Ana Jenny, sophomore; and Choua Vang, senior. Students named to the list are recognized for superior academic performance, with a grade point average of 3.5 or above.
• Andrew Seidel of Woodbury was named to the Augsburg College, Minneapolis Dean’s List for fall semester 2008. To qualify, a student must be a full-time student and earn a grade-point average of 3.50 or higher. Seidel is a marketing major at the college and is the son of Tom and Mary Seidel.
• Joshua Wallert “has earned the distinction of being named to the Dean’s List for the 2008 fall semester at Saint John’s University,” Collegeville. To be included on the list, students must have a grade point average of at least 3.80. Wallert is a junior natural science major at the university and is the son of Todd and Debbie Wallert of Woodbury.
• The following students from this area were graduated Dec. 17, 2008 from the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater following the fall 2008 term: Herbert Thornton was awarded an MBA in business administration; Ryan Vogel was awarded a BSE in biology, cum laude.
• Stephen Englund of Woodbury was awarded Dean’s List honors for academic achievement during the fall 2008 term at the University of Nebraska, Omaha. To qualify for the list, students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or better.
• The following students from Woodbury were among the Harding University, Searcy Ark. students included on the school’s Dean’s List for grades achieved during the fall semester: Kendall Baur, a junior majoring in Web design and interactive media; Alyssa Davidson, a sophomore majoring in biochemistry and molecular biology; and Benjamin Sheppard, a junior majoring in psychology. To be eligible, a student must have an average scholarship level of 3.65 minimum.
• Kimberly Burkart and Christina Losasso, both of Woodbury, have been named to the Dean’s List for the fall 2008 semester at Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame, Ind. A student must achieve a grade point average of at least 3.4 on a 4.0 scale to earn academic honors at the college.
• Sarah Gail Petrich of Woodbury was named to the Dean’s List for the fall semester of the 2008-09 academic year at Anderson University, Anderson, Ind. To be named to the list, a student must earn a semester grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0.
• The following students from Afton and Woodbury have been named to the fall semester 2008 Dean’s List at the University of Wisconsin, River Falls: Katie Marie Morris, Michael Jon Churchill, Kristen Lynn Foss, Kristen Kate Odden, Brian Anthony Reiling, Stephen Joseph Baisden, Patrick Jay Bakker, Laura Marie Besch, Allison Marie Brimmell, Cara Anne Brown, Nicole Marie Brown, Michelle Lynn Carlson, Jennifer Helen DeGree, Bridget Ann Donoghue, Ashley Marie Engh, Johnathan Edward Gavin, Lauren Suzanne Gray, Elizabeth Ann Hendrikson, Ryan K. Hidlebaugh, Samantha Josephine Jara, Jennifer Melissa Lambert, Jennica Rae Linn, Reese Anthony Lutgen, Patrick Joseph Lynch, Ashley Elizabeth Mondor, Stephanie Kay Picha, Kathryn Marie Storlien, Patrina Marie VanDusartz, Katherine Michelle Baisden, Cherish Elizabeth Calkins, Nicole Gina Hangge, Sarah Ann Nisleit, Sarah Nicole Plank, and Megan Shea Richards. To be named to the list, a full-time undergraduate student must earn a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a scale of 4.0.