Students in the NewsThe following information has been received from family or university sources.
The following information has been received from family or university sources.
• Morgan DeMike of Woodbury has been named to the Summit League’s Academic All-Summit League Team for the fall season for academic achievement in the first semester of the 2008-09 school year. In order to be selected to the “team,” a student-athlete must have a 3.0 or better grade point average. DeMike is a student at North Dakota State University, Fargo where she is majoring in accounting and plays soccer for NDSU..
• St. Cloud State University has announced the names of students from this area whose academic achievement placed them on the fall semester Dean’s List. To be eligible for the honor, students must have a grade point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Those students are: Jared Thomas Aldridge, Katlyn Frances Carson, James Michael Demko, Christopher Thomas Fleck, and Katherine Lynn Kampa.
• St. Olaf College, Northfield has named the following Woodbury students to the fall semester Dean’s List for having earned a semester grade point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4-point scale.
Andrea Norman, a nursing major and graduate of Hill-Murray School; Kevin Foss, an exercise science major and Woodbury High School graduate; Amy Johnson, a chemistry major and Woodbury High School graduate; and Samantha Sickbert, a psychology major and Woodbury High School graduate.
• Daniel Hassing of Woodbury was placed on the University of Michigan College of Engineering Dean’s Honor List in recognition of outstanding academic achievement during the fall term 2008. Daniel is a junior at the university, majoring in chemical engineering.
• Michigan Technological University, Houghton has released the Dean’s List for the fall 2008 semester, recognizing students who achieve grade point averages of 3.5 or higher. Students from this area include junior Leslie Sabbann, a mechanical engineering major, and sophomore Patrick Towell, a mechanical engineering major.
• The students listed below have been named to the fall 2008 semester Dean’s List at Northwestern College, St. Paul. To be eligible, students must earn a semester grade point average of 3.65 (out of 4.0) or higher. Students from Woodbury named to the list include Lauren A. Bernhagen, with Highest Honors; Katherine A. Moore, with High Honors; and Ashley A. Vikla, with High Honors.
• Minnesota State University, Moorhead has named the following students to the Dean’s List in recognition of academic achievement during the fall 2008 semester: Wesley Bergherr, Kelly Snyder, and Justin Taylor. Students must maintain a 3.25 grade point average or better to qualify for the honor.
• The following students from Woodbury were named to the Concordia College, Moorhead Dean’s Honor List for “superior academic achievement during the first semester of the 2008-2009 academic year.”
Rachel Mohrbacher, daughter of Laura Hall and David Mohrbacher; Anne Sexter, daughter of Tom Sexter and Lynn Ettestad; and Amanda Sullivan, daughter of John and Pamela Sullivan.
To qualify for the designation, students must have earned a grade point average of at least a 3.7 on a four-point scale.
• Students from Woodbury, named to the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management fall semester 2008 Dean’s List “for outstanding academic achievement by earning a 3.66 grade point average or higher” for the semester include:
Kylie Marie Kallman, a sophomore at the school. She is the daughter of Laura and Rich Kallman of Woodbury and is a 2007 Woodbury High School graduate.
Lisa Clinton, a freshman at the school majoring in international business and marketing. She is the daughter of Kate and Mark Clinton of Woodbury and is a 2008 graduate of Woodbury High School.
• Mark Baur and Ben Sheppard, both of Woodbury, were part of a group of 42 students from Harding University, Searcy Ark. to spend fall semester with the university’s international program in Greece.
• DePaul University, Chicago, Ill. has announced the names of students from this area who have earned Dean’s List honors for the 2008 autumn quarter. Those students are: Hillary Pennella, Meghan Kindler, Damien Radtke, Laura Sward, Piper Caldwell and Jordan Olson. To receive this commendation, students must earn a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above on a four-point scale.