Mn/DOT to hold open house on I-494/Lake Road projectThe Minnesota Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT), which plans to reconstruct I-494 from south of Lake Road to I-94 this spring, will hold an open house on the project Jan. 22 at Woodbury City Hall
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT) is planning to reconstruct Interstate 494 from south of Lake Road to Interstate 94. Construction of this project will start in the spring of 2009, substantial completion will be in July 2010 and overall project completion will be the fall 2010.
The I-494 project consists of:
• Placing a new concrete pavement over the existing pavement, in some areas the pavement will be replaced to provide adequate clearances under bridges.
• Connect existing auxiliary lanes between interchanges to provide three continuous lanes along I-494 in each direction south of I-94.
• Widen the southbound I-494 Bridge over Century Avenue and repaint both the north and southbound bridges.
• Construct a noise wall in the southeast quadrant of the Lake Road / I-494 interchange.
• Install additional freeway lighting north of Valley Creek Road so that I-494 will have continuous lighting.
• Upgrade signing, guardrail, drainage and other roadway features in the project area.
A public open house will be held on Thursday January 22, 2009
When: 5:00 - 8:00 PM
Where: Woodbury City Hall Council Chambers, 8301 Valley Creek Road
The meeting will be an open house format; there will not be a formal presentation. Project information and staff will be available between 5-8 PM to answer questions about the project.