Absentee ballots for election available Oct. 6Absentee ballots for the Nov. 4, 2008, general election will be available for registered voters in all Washington County jurisdictions on Oct. 6.
Absentee ballots for the Nov. 4, 2008, general election will be available for registered voters in all Washington County jurisdictions on Oct. 6 at the following locations:
• Washington County Service Center - Woodbury, public service counter, 2150 Radio Drive, Woodbury
• Washington County Service Center – Cottage Grove, public service counter, 13000 Ravine Pkwy. South, Cottage Grove
• Property Records and Taxpayer Services (PRTS) Office, Valley Ridge Mall, 1305 Frontage Road, Stillwater
• Washington County Headwaters Service Center – Forest Lake, public service counter, 19955 Forest Road North, Forest Lake
Individuals may vote by absentee ballot by mail (ballots must be received at the voter’s precinct by 8 p.m. on election day) or in person at the above locations Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 1, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. during the 30-day period prior to the election.
Residents of the following cities may also vote in person at their city halls:
• Bayport, (651) 275-4404
• Cottage Grove, (651) 458-2814
• Lake Elmo, (651) 777-5510
• Mahtomedi, (651) 426-3344
• Newport, (651) 459-5677
• Oakdale, (651) 730-2704
• Oak Park Heights, (651) 439-4439
• St. Paul Park, (651) 459-9785
• Stillwater City, (651) 430-8802
Individuals who need to vote by absentee ballot must complete an “Application to Receive an Absentee Ballot” at the time they vote in person.
Individuals voting by mail should contact their municipality at the above number to request an application or download the application from the county’s Web site at www.co.washington.mn.us. (Click on “Elections” on the right-hand side of the homepage.)
You are allowed to vote by absentee ballot due to absence from precinct, illness or disability, religious discipline or observance of religious holiday, service as election judge in another precinct, eligible emergency declared by the governor, or quarantine declared by federal or state government.
To register to vote, complete a voter registration form available at any of the above county locations, a county library, or online at www.co.washington.mn.us. (Click on “Elections” on the right-hand side of the homepage.)
For more information, call Washington County at (651) 430-6175.