'International Peace Day in the Park' at Lake ElmoThe public is invited to attend "International Peace Day in the Park" on Sunday, Sept. 21, from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Lake Elmo Park Reserve
By: Special to the Bulletin, Woodbury Bulletin
The public is invited to attend "International Peace Day in the Park" on Sunday, Sept. 21, from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Lake Elmo Park Reserve (in the north shelter area).
Admission is free.
There will be activities for "peace building and peace making" for adults and families with children of all ages.
The opening ceremony starts at 1 p.m., introducing peace presenters and organizations such as:
• Paula Dancing Eagle and Patrick Black Wolf, advanced Wisdom Council guides
• Somali holy man Imam Shiekh Sa am Musse Roble
• Rebecca Janke, author and peace educator, with Growing Communities For Peace
• Amy Barankovich with Compassionate Kids
• Tim Carlson with Water and Letters for Peace Project
• World Citizens Inc. Peace Pole Project
• Kaia Svien with The Work That Reconnects
• Teena Dietz with Intentional Serenity, making peace vision art
• Yako Tahnahga, Native American herbalist, traditional storyteller
• Carol McCormick, professional storyteller
• Theresa May and Tai Chi Chih, metro area instructors who will share a form of moving meditation, yoga. They are holistic therapists of several modalities
• Ethnic food and peace organization vendors
There will be cross-cultural and art activities, holistic therapies and vendor displays throughout the day.
The closing ceremony starts at 5 p.m.
Visitors are asked to bring a picnic and blanket, as well as a non-perishable food item for local food shelves.
The event is co-hosted by Theresa May of Heaven On Earth Healing and Teena Dietz of Intentional Serenity. It is co-Sponsored by MAP, Minnesota Alliance of Peacemakers.
For more information, visit www.heavenonearthhealing.com and http://mapm.pjep.org/calendar, or call (612)345-1537 / (651)351-9635.