County beaches open May 24Washington County Park beaches are scheduled to open Saturday, May 24, at the Lake Elmo Park Reserve, Square Lake Park, Pt. Douglas Park and soon thereafter at the new, soon-to-be opened Big Marine Park Reserve.
By: Special to the Bulletin, Woodbury Bulletin
Washington County Park beaches are scheduled to open Saturday, May 24, at the Lake Elmo Park Reserve, Square Lake Park, Pt. Douglas Park and soon thereafter at the new, soon-to-be opened Big Marine Park Reserve.
Lifeguards will be on duty from noon to 8 p.m. June 7 through Aug. 17.
Beach hours during July are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. during August. These beaches will remain open through Labor Day, Sept. 1.
The Washington County Parks Division reminds visitors of the following for a safe and fun summer:
• Swimming facilities are inherently dangerous; it is important to follow all rules and regulations.
• Never swim alone.
• Only Coast Guard-approved life jackets may be used in the PFD area.
• No flotation devices, pets, smoking, alcohol or glass containers are allowed.
• Children under age six must have an adult in the water with them at all times.
• Children over age six must be directly supervised by an adult from the sand.
• Never take your eyes off your children or leave them unattended in or around water.
• Always designate a responsible adult to serve as the “water watcher” — an adult whose sole responsibility is to constantly observe children in or near the water.
• Stay alert and avoid distractions, such as talking on the phone, reading or preparing a meal.
• If you’d like to bring an organized group of children to the beach, notify the Washington County Parks manager seven days in advance for written approval.
For more information about Washington County Parks, call (651) 430-8370 or visit www.co.washington.mn.us.