Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Kelly Lavers wipes a tear as her husband, Jeff, tells the House Transportation and Policy Finance Committee March 16 of the circumstances surrounding the death of their son, Tyler, from carbon monoxide poisoning while he was installing speakers in his car. The Lavers came to testify for the so-called "Tyler's Law," that would make carbon monoxide awareness part of driver's training. (Photo courtesy of the Minnesota House of Representatives)

Woodbury man calls on lawmakers to increase carbon monoxide awareness

Email News Alerts

If you've ever left your vehicle running in a confined space during the winter - with ventilation - you've been at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Advertisement

Didn't think so? Neither did a Woodbury teenager who died late last year.

"Even with the garage door up, the concentrations were enough to incapacitate him quickly," said Rep. Michael Beard, R-Shakopee, following testimony Wednesday at a legislative committee hearing from Woodbury resident Jeff Lavers.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Mike Longaecker
Mike Longaecker is the regional public safety reporter for RiverTown Multimedia. His coverage area spans St. Croix and Pierce counties. Longaecker served from 2011-2015 as editor of the Woodbury Bulletin. A University of Wisconsin-River Falls graduate, Longaecker previously reported for the Red Wing Republican Eagle and for the Forum Communications Minnesota Capitol Bureau. You can follow him on Twitter at @Longaecker
(715) 426-1072
Advertisement
randomness