What's going up in Woodbury: Roundup of local construction projects
From one of the fastest buildings to go up, to high-end single family homes, 2013 has been filled with development projects in Woodbury that were highlighted in this year’s virtual development tour.
The following is a list of projects in Woodbury, starting with those currently under way.
- Health Partners: Expanding dermatology and other services with a 13,000 square-foot addition to existing clinic on Radio Drive. Expected opening is spring 2014.
- Cabela’s: A 100,000 square-foot building opening in April 2014. Community Development Director Dwight Picha said “This is the fastest large building you’re ever going to see go up,” adding there are about 100 construction workers on site daily to finish the project on time. Cabela’s will be accessed off of Hudson Road and Radio Drive.
- Schneiderman’s “raise the roof remodel”: A total of 68,800 square feet over two floors opening in 2014.
- Crossroads Commerce Center: An addition to the existing center will get a 38,000 square-foot building currently under way to house showrooms and other businesses.
- Commerce Hill: A Chuck E. Cheese’s is currently under way to join newly built McDonald’s and the 8,000 square-foot multi-tenant buildings that opened this summer in the SuperTarget-anchored center.
- Views at CityWalk: Apartment building for eligible seniors and people with disabilities was completed this fall and is now at capacity, according to Woodbury housing specialist Karl Batalden.
- Bielenberg Sports Center: A 120,000 square-foot expansion to the city-owned facility, which will house a new field house, outdoor skating rink and accessible playground slated for completion in spring 2014.
- Bielenberg Gardens: Developer started grading the site (at the southwest corner of Radio Drive and Bailey Road) in October to prepare for a 30-acre commercial center with a 68,000 square-foot grocery store and a total of 11 commercial lots. Crews are expected to begin building the grocery store in the spring of 2014.
- Eagle Brook Church: 75,000 square feet, 1,500 seat church, south of Hudson Road and east of Settlers Ridge Parkway, opening in the spring of 2014.
- Bailey Lake: Ninety-eight single family homes being built by Ryland Homes since summer of 2013. The development is located south of Bailey Road and directly east of East Ridge High School.
- Dancing Waters: The last phase of the residential development began in 2013 and will finish with 50 total single family homes.
-Autumn Ridge: Single family lots being built on the edge of Woodbury and Cottage Grove.
- Woodbury Plaza: The SuperTarget site is expected to see additional activity with a proposal by HealthEast to build a 20,000 medical office building in 2014. Initial concept plans have already been submitted to the city for HealthEast, along with Wings Financial Branch and other commercial and retail uses.
- Tamarack Hills: Children’s Hospital will build a clinic building near the Sheraton Hotel, which is scheduled to open next fall.
- Ashton Ridge, Compass Pointe, Southridge: New single family residential developments to be served by the new Pioneer Drive extension.
- Ravenswood: 10 single family estate lots on 39 acres near Radio Drive and Military Road with utilities from Cottage Grove.