The following information has been received from university or family sources.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has recognized students named to the Dean's List for the fall semester of the 2009 - 2010 academic year.
Students from this area receiving the honor include, from Afton: Chelsea Miyamoto Reiter, Luke Mackenzie Stedman, Brynn Marie Wiessner; from Woodbury: Carolyn Leigh Akin, Lyndsey Ann Bankers, James Richard Buchen, Timothy John Busse, Benjamin Jay Caulfield, Clare Maureen Chandler, Ryan Lee Hanson, Carly Rebecca Herzog, Bryan Matthew Jepson, Margaret Rachel Joyce, Katie Lynne Kobayashi, Justine Holly Mann, Lucas Gregory Melquist, Michael David Muggee, Michael Thomas Musser, Daniel Ethan Nan Tie, Dominic Mario Pitera, Megan Lee Ryan, Matthew Leonard Schwartz, Michael Brooks Seidel, Zachary John Sikora, Laura Walsh Stewart, Thomas Allen Thorvaldson, Gregory M. Toupal, Kelsey Wright, Christina Pajia Yang, Joseph Leonard Zimny, Katherine Gayle Zimny.
To be eligible for the list, schools or colleges at the university typically require students to rank in the top 10 percent of their class or achieve a grade point average of 3.75 or higher.
- Stephanie Sturges, daughter of Dennis and Donna Sturges of Woodbury, was named to the first semester 2009 - 10 Dean's List at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, Winona. Students must earn a grade point average of 3.6 or better on a 4.0 scale to be eligible for the honor.
- Megan Beth Moseley of Woodbury graduated with a bachelor of science degree in nursing from the University of Iowa, Iowa City following the close of the fall 2009 session.
- The University of Wisconsin, Superior has named Nicholas Bursik of Woodbury to the Dean's List for academic achievement in the fall 2009 semester. To be named to the list, students must have completed 15 semester credits and achieved at least a 3.50 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Catherine James of Woodbury has been named to the Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, Ind., Dean's List for the fall 2009 semester. A student must achieve a grade point average of at least 3.4 on a 4.0 scale to earn academic honors at the college.
- Kelly Carroll of Woodbury was named to the Dean's List at Hamline University, St. Paul for the fall term of the 2009 - 10 academic year. Members of the list achieve a grade point average of 3.50 or higher on a 4.00 scale. Carroll, who is majoring in social studies, is a graduate Woodbury High School and is the daughter of Kevin and Mary Carroll of Woodbury.
- Krista Bauer of Newport has been named to the Dean's List at the University of Wisconsin, River Falls for the fall semester 2009. To earn this distinction a student must have earned at least a 3.5 grade point average. She holds a chair position in the Tri Sigma sorority and is majoring in business administration with a human resources emphasis.
- Matthew Murphy, son of Greg and Cathy Murphy of Woodbury, was named to the first semester Dean's List at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, Winona. To be eligible for the honor, a student must earn a grade point average of 3.6 or better. Murphy is a junior majoring in biology.
- Indiana State University, Terre Haute has announced that Mariah Shiue of Woodbury was named to the school's Dean's List for the fall 2009 semester. To be eligible, students must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- The following students from Afton and Woodbury were named to the University of Wisconsin, River Falls fall semester Dean's List: Erik Thomas Forstner, Leslie L. Thomas, Rosa Marie Csulits, Brian Anthony Reiling, Nathaniel Michael Schroeder, Laura Marie Besch, Cara Anne Brown, Matthew Ryan Charpentier, Jennifer Helen DeGree, Ashley Marie Engh, Samantha Josephine Jara, Amy Elizabeth Kirsch, Jennifer Melissa Lambert, Katherine Marie Spevak, Shawn Stromath, Patrina Marie VanDusartz, Nicole Gina Hangge, Sarah Nicole Plank, Megan Shea Richards, Ryan Andrew West. To be named to the Dean's List, a full-time undergraduate student must earn a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a scale of 4.0, or midway between an "A" and "B"
- Daniel Haywood of Woodbury returned Feb. 1 from a 13-day tour of Japan with the St. Olaf College, Northfield band. The group performed concerts around the country, and as part of their studies for a college course examining the history and culture of Japan, attended a Japanese theater performance and visited palaces, temples, and museums in Tokyo, Nara, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima. Haywood plays alto saxophone and is majoring in music and physics at the college. He graduated from Stillwater Area High School.
- The University of Minnesota, Duluth has announced its Deans List for fall semester 2009. Those awarded the honor have achieved a grade point average of 3.5 or higher. Students from this area include: Rachel M. Beeler, Calvin J. Behling, Ryan P. Birkemeier, Zachary W. Brown, Marissa K. Capocasa, Erik S. Carlson, Sean P. Finn, Katherine T. Freemyer, Ashley H. Gilbertson, Vanessa N. Hurst, Michael G. Jones, Laura B. Kolb, Kari A. Lawrence, Shelby E. Mannino, Matthew J. Manor, Eryn Muenchau, Jordan M. Pagel, Sean M. Pallas, Jessica L. Peterson, Joseph D. Popowitz, Jaclyn M. Rolando, Nikolas D. Schaal, Reilly M. Slind, Jennifer M. Swenson, Daniel R. Turner, Caitlyn S. Violette, Dustin M. Vogel, Emily M. Vomastek, Madalyn E. Wade, Benjamin L. Waldera.