Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
A house at 9369 Wedgewood Drive sustained extensive damage after a fire Saturday evening.
A house at 9369 Wedgewood Drive sustained extensive damage after a fire Saturday evening.

House fire causes 'extensive damage'

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts

news Woodbury, 55125

Woodbury Minnesota 8420 City Centre Drive 55125

A blaze Saturday evening left a Wedgewood home with extensive fire and smoke damage, a Woodbury fire official said.

The Woodbury Fire Department got a call at 5:07 p.m. When crews arrived at 9369 Wedgewood Drive, the entire back of the house was in flames. Maplewood and Oakdale firefighters were called to assist.

Advertisement
Advertisement

"It was a big fire," said John Wallgren, Woodbury fire commander. "You could see billowing black smoke miles away."

The fire moved through the house and into the attic. The roof also was damaged.

Nobody was injured in the blaze. Homeowner Neil Scott was not home at the time of the fire and is living with family in the area, Wallgren said.

Fire officials suspect the blaze started with a space heater in a four-season porch, but are still investigating.

"There's going to be extensive damage to it," Wallgren said.

Check back for more information.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness