Get spooked around Woodbury and beyond
Afton Trick or Treat Trail
- Location: Downtown Afton businesses, St. Croix Trail S.
Haunted Museum sponsored by Afton Historical Society
- Location: Afton Historical Museum, 3165 St. Croix Trail South, Afton
- What: A haunting experience for older teens and adults
- When : Oct. 31
- Times: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- Online: www.aftonhistoricalmuseum.com
Woodbury Does a Deal, sponsored by Woodbury Community Foundation
- Location: Prom Center, 484 Inwood Ave., Oakdale
- What: Fundraiser for Woodbury Community Foundation that will feature hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, costume contests, live auction, silent auction and a “Let’s Make a Deal” type game featuring game-show host Bart Chestman.
- When : Oct. 26
- Times: 6:13 p.m.
- Cost: $75
- Online: www.woodburyfoundation.org/soiree-spooktacular
Monster Mash, sponsored by District 833 Early Childhood Family Education
- Location: Woodbury High School, 2665 Woodlane Drive, Woodbury
- What: Music, dancing and games for families
- When : Oct. 25
- Times: 6-8 p.m.
- Cost: $3 per person, or $9 per family, in advance or $4 or $10 at the door.
- Online: www.cecool.com
Zywiec’s Haunting Experience
- Location: Zywiec’s Landscape and Garden Center, Landscape, 10900 E Point Douglas Rd, Cottage Grove
- What: Three haunted houses: Schummo’s Clown House, haunted hay ride and Manor House; corn maze; low scare matinees; and Big Zombie Hunter Paintball Adventure Ride
- When : Oct. 23 to Nov. 2
- Times: Haunting Experience and Big Zombie Hunter Paintball Adventure Ride are open Weeknights from dusk to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from dusk to 11 p.m.; low scare matinees are weekends from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m; corn maze is open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $17 per person, group rates available. The low scare matinee is $9 per person.Corn maze is $8 for ages 12 years and old and $6 for under 12 years old. Bit Zombie Hunter Paintball Adventure Ride is $13.
- Online: www.hauntingexperience.com
Deadview Cemetery, a haunted cemetery
- Location: 8839 96th Street South, Cottage Grove
- What: Haunted cemetery tour, children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- When : Oct. 24-26 and Oct. 31 and Nov. 1
- Times: 7-11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 7-10 p.m. on weeknights.
- Cost: $7
- Online: www.deadviewcemetery.com
Monster Bash, sponsored by Cottage Grove Strawberry Fest
- Location: VFW Post 8752, 9260 East Point Douglas Road, Cottage Grove
- What: Dinner, costume contest, silent auction, dancing and parade
- When : Oct. 25-26
- Times: 5-11 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday
- Cost: $10 for adults, ages 13 and older, for Friday activities and $5 for children, ages 4-12. Children ages 3 and over are free.
- Online: www.cottagegrovestrawberryfest.com
Fright Farm, sponsored by the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department
- Location: Ramsey County Fairgrounds, 2020 White Bear Ave. in Maplewood
- What: Haunted house, event not recommended for young children.
- When : Oct. 25-26 and Oct. 30-31
- Times: 7-11 p.m.
- Cost: $10, all proceeds donated to Ramsey County Sheriff’s Foundation
- Online: www.frightfarm.org
Halloween parade, sponsored by the Hudson Rotary Club
- Location: Newton Field: 938 13th Street Hudson, Wis.
- What: Parade, games, costume contest and prizes
- When : Oct. 31
- Times: 4 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- Online: Events section at www.hudsonwi.org