Fire destroys Woodbury home
A Woodbury family of six was left homeless early this week after fire destroyed their house.
No residents or firefighters were hurt in the blaze, which was first reported at 12:08 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 23, at 8350 Marsh Creek Road.
Woodbury Fire Cmdr. John Wallgren said early indications were that hot ashes disposed of in the family's garage were the cause of the fire. He said residents had used the home's fireplace sometime Saturday, then placed the ashes in the garage.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.