Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Firefighters from six agencies attacked a blaze early Sunday in the 8300 block of Marsh Creek Road. Submitted photo

Fire destroys Woodbury home

Email News Alerts

A Woodbury family of six was left homeless early this week after fire destroyed their house.

No residents or firefighters were hurt in the blaze, which was first reported at 12:08 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 23, at 8350 Marsh Creek Road.

Advertisement

Woodbury Fire Cmdr. John Wallgren said early indications were that hot ashes disposed of in the family's garage were the cause of the fire. He said residents had used the home's fireplace sometime Saturday, then placed the ashes in the garage.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Michael Longaecker
Mike Longaecker is editor of the Woodbury Bulletin. His coverage includes local crime, legislative activity and prep sports. You can follow him on Twitter at @Longaecker
(651) 702-0973
Advertisement
randomness