Fire destroys twin home unit in Woodbury
A fast-moving fire destroyed a twin home Saturday afternoon in Woodbury.
No residents were injured in the fire, which started at 10605 Kingsfield Lane. The blaze spread to the adjoining unit, 10607 Kingsfield Lane.
Heat from the fire, which was reported at 4:26 p.m., melted the siding on a neighboring house to the south and caused a small grass fire to the east of the twin homes.
Residents of 10605 Kingsfield Lane escaped safely. Residents at the adjoining home were not home at the time.
According to Woodbury Public Safety, the fire was caused by a charger for a scooter in the garage at 10605 Kingsfield Lane.
Crews from Cottage Grove, Lake Elmo, Oakdale and Lower St. Croix Valley assisted in fighting the fire. Firefighters remained on the scene at 6:30 p.m.
Neighbor Dave Pinska said he and his wife returned home around 4:15 p.m. and saw the fire, which had already engulfed the originating residence.
"It spread really quickly," he said.