Drop-off locations ready to accept Christmas trees
This season, the following locations will accept Christmas trees after the holiday.
Note the hours of operation, fees, and resident restrictions for each site. Tree stands, plastic bags, tinsel, wire, lights, and all other decorations should be removed before drop-off. Private waste haulers, cities, or townships may also accept Christmas trees. Residents may contact them directly for more information.
* Bayport: River City Services, 201 Second Ave. S. - open to all residents, open year-round 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Cost is $5 per tree. Call River City Services at 651-430-2809 for more information.
* Cottage Grove: Rumpca Companies, Inc., 9600 Glendenning Road - open to all residents Jan. 8-9 and Jan. 15-16. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $1 per tree, fee waived if a canned good is brought in for donation to the local food shelf. For more information, call Rumpca Companies at 651-459-1556.
* Forest Lake: Public Works, 843 Fourth St. S.W. - open to Forest Lake residents only, open regular hours Dec. 28 - Jan. 29. There is no charge. For more information, call Forest Lake Public Works at 651-464-3220.
* Oakdale: Public Works, 1900 Hadley Avenue N., - open to Oakdale residents only Dec. 26 - Jan. 31. Hours are Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The cost is $2 per tree. For more information, call Oakdale Public Works at 651-730-2740.
* Stillwater: Buberl Recycling and Compost, 5750 Memorial Ave. N. - open to all residents, open year-round Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The cost is $2 per tree. For more information, call Buberl Recycling and Compost at 651-439-8399.
* Woodbury: Composting Concepts - open to all residents and businesses. Open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 8 and Jan. 15. Cost is $6 per tree, $5 per wreath. For more information, call Composting Concepts at 651-436-1213.
- Notice courtesy Washington County