Creating fun for kids at Woodbury Days
Woodbury Days will be offering up a wide variety of fun for children at this year’s event; everything from a petting zoo to a coin hunt.
One of this year’s new activities will be an “Angry Birds Mosaics Art Project,” which will be happening on Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Primrose School of Woodbury Kids Gazebo.
The activity is being sponsored by KidCreate Studio.
The activity, which requires a Woodbury Days button, will have children make a multi-media sculpture, inspired by the popular SmartPhone application from Rovio, out of clay, paper and foam before painting it to look like their favorite Angry Birds character.
“It’s just super cute all the different expressions they can create,” said Sara Svihel, studio manager for KidCreate Studio in Woodbury. “Angry Birds is kind of popular in everything right now.
“We’re trying to appeal to pop culture things that are going to get kids interested in art.”
In addition to the Angry Birds project, KidCreate Studio will also be hosting a “Photo Fantastic Art Project,” which also requires a Woodbury Days button, on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. where children can make their own photo props.
Svihel said the KidCreate Studio’s activities are usually popular at Woodbury Days because children love to be able to take things home with them.
“But, this way they’re creating, not just grabbing and carrying it with them,” she said.
Sviehel said both the “Angry Birds Mosaics Art Project” and the “Photo Fantastic Art Project” can be completed in a short period of time, around five or 10 minutes, so children can make a craft and get back to the fun of Woodbury Days.
There will be a number of other children-friendly activities happening at Woodbury Days this year including:
* Noah’s Ark Stuff-N-Fluff: Friday from 5- 7 p.m. at the Primrose School of Woodbury Kids Gazebo. Woodbury Days button required.
* Rainbow Corral Critters Petting Zoo: Friday from 5-8 p.m.; Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Kowalski’s Children’s Coin Hunt – Ages 2 to 5: Saturday at 10 a.m. on the playground. Woodbury Days button required.
* Kowalaki’s Children’s Coin Hunt – Ages 6 to 12: Saturday at 10:35 a.m. on the playground. Woodbury Days button required.
* Noodle Make and Take: Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. near the Primrose School of Woodbury Kids Gazebo.
* Kids Building Workshop: Saturday from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the Primrose School of Woodbury Kids Gazebo. Woodbury Days Button required.
* Face painting and balloon art: Saturday from 3-6 p.m. at the Primrose School of Woodbury Kids Gazebo. Woodbury Days Button required.